Friday, March 30, 2012

Review: Temptation: A Novel


Temptation: A Novel
Temptation: A Novel by Travis Thrasher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



AARRGGHH!!! I hate you Travis Thrasher!!!! Not really, but now I have to wait! I’m not a patient person and you are forcing me to wait! I HATE waiting!!!!! With the number of trilogies flooding the market, I assumed that this, the third book in the Solitary Series, would be the end of it…but it wasn’t. I feel like I am being led on! Now I know how Kelsey felt in Gravestone!

OK, so in this third, and not final installment of the Solitary Series, Chris is in Summer School and crushing on Lily, a new girl to Solitary. She seems just as into Chris as he is into her…but she wants to take is slow. Painfully slow as far as Chris is concerned.

Chris is still a lost soul. But he decides to put all the craziness behind him and kind of ignore it and see if it goes away. While that works for a while, ultimately he gets hit from beyond left field and is forced to deal when his Mom almost kills herself accidently and Lily starts to get threatened. And the evil that permeates Solitary is none other than one of Chris’s ancestors. We are only partially clearer on what he does and how Staunch and the Pastor are involved.

Not quite as many twists and turns in Temptation but all the suspense and desire to see what happens next remain. Chris’ Dad appears and we learn a little more about him…but not enough to satisfy my curiousity. The spiritual side of this story is more prevalent here as we are building up to the final showdown…and Thrasher is the King of Cliffhangers! I devoured Temptation in one sitting and am still hungry for more…but alas I have to wait. Did I mention I HATE WAITING???? Yea, I thought so. Hurry up Thrasher…I still have questions that need answering!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment