Friday, March 30, 2012

Review: The Invitation


The Invitation
The Invitation by Diane Hoh

My rating: 0 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: Five not-so-popular teens are invited to an annual party given by snooty Cass. Ushered into the mansion, they are soon part of a human scavenger hunt in which they are tied, bound, and hidden. Further victimization includes being heated in a sauna, cooled in a freezer, and nearly asphyxiated by a car's running motor.

My Thoughts: This kind of reminded me of the Lois Duncan fare I grew up on. I read the first 4 or 5 chapters and was pretty accurately able to predict what was going to happen.

The mean girls were very predictable and stereotypical. The outcast girls were equally predictable, although one did seem to fade into the background by the end. And what was the deal with Leslie? I think Cass was much scarier!

Overall the story seemed pretty flat to me, as did the characters. I would have liked a little more insight into their backstories.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment