Friday, March 16, 2012

Review: Pure


Pure
Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I’m still reeling over Pure…read it in one sitting by feigning a migraine so my boys would fend for themselves for dinner so I could “lay down” and read. I know…bad Mommy.

“Pure” picks up a very short while after “Half Blood”. School is in session, Alex is still getting additional training classes, alternating between Aidan and Seth, when a Pure is killed on covenant grounds. Immediately all the Halfs are suspect because everyone knows they can be turned into Daimons and their physical appearance doesn’t change. So now all Halfs are suspect and subjected to some very strict rules “for their own protection”.

Alex is called to a council meeting at the New York headquarters, to talk about what happened with her Mom. While there it becomes apparent that someone is trying to get her into enough trouble to make her a slave, or just kill her outright. Nothing is as it seems!

OH. MY. WORD! First let me say that all similarities to Vampire Academy stopped with Half Blood! This book grabbed me from the first page and I couldn’t put it down until I was done. I had to give this 5 stars simply because I loved it so much that I know I will be reading it again, and again!

The tension between Alex and Aiden was kicked up about 10 notches. There were so many sweet and tender moments between them, I get choked up just thinking about them. But we also get to know the “Man-Whore”, Seth, a lot better too. And while we only really got to see his arrogant and narcissistic in “Half Blood”, we do get to see a little tenderness and caring in “Pure”…actually a whole lot of it, truth be told. The tension between Alex and Seth is through the roof! Alex goes through some pretty significant growth in “Pure” also. Don’t worry, she still speaks without thinking first and her snark level is still incredibly high (endearing qualities in my book).

Intrigue, mystery, and plot twists abound in “Pure”…and holy hell…that ending. I sat stunned! I couldn’t believe what took place…then my kindle copy had the first chapter of the next book in this series. What a TEASE! How long do I have to wait for the next book??? Any answer other than “now” is just too damn long! UGH!

Really really loved this one. Can’t wait for Deity…wish it wasn’t 6+ months away! But I guess it could be worse…could be a year away. Thank God for small favors!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment