Friday, March 30, 2012

Review: Lover Mine


Lover Mine
Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: John Matthew has come a long way since he was found living among humans, his vampire nature unknown. Taken in by The Brotherhood, no one could guess what his true history was-or his true identity.

Xhex has long steeled herself against the attraction to John Matthew. Until fate intervenes and she discovers that love, like destiny, is inevitable.

My Thoughts: This story was closer to those books that started the series, but not close enough. Although I did really enjoy getting to know Darius and Thorment back when they first met in the 1600s. The “Lash the ForeLesser” storyline came to a conclusion, which was great as far as I was concerned because I’m not reading this series for the for the War. Lastly, I enjoyed getting to see what made Xhex tick…she had been an enigma up until this installment. And I’ve always been a John Michael fan.

This series has changed so much from it’s beginnings…and I miss the old Black Dagger Brotherhood. But I will continue to read it because I still love the Brothers.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment