Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Review: Truth


Truth
Truth by Julia Karr

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



In this sequel to “XVI” Nina’s life is undergoing some major changes. Her Grandpa lost track of time and was caught talking on an unauthorized communication device that has him hauled off to jail…which prompts Grandma to have a heart attack…leaving Nina and her sister Dee on the street…but not for long. Thankfully Wei’s family steps in to assume guardianship for the time being. But that’s just the beginning of the story

Truth surprised me…I really didn’t expect to like it more than XVI, but I did. The story continues to drive forward, which I expected, but the focus of the story is not the romance between Nina and Sal, which I expected. The drive forward is to get the truth about FELS and what it does out to the populace.

I loved the idea of the Sisterhood…the group of girls doing resistance activities, but aren’t part of the resistance because the boys think they are too fragile. But yet the girls are smart and effective in their own ways, without being forced to sit and watch from the sidelines.

Nina goes through a lot of change and turmoil. She is headstrong and stubborn but it’s due to a love of family and friends, especially her little sister. She sees injustice and wants to right it. How can that be a bad thing? I really do like what Julia Karr is doing with this series. I love seeing a strong morally driven young girl fighting against injustice, and I can’t wait to see what happens next.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment