Saturday, August 20, 2011

Review: Unraveled


Unraveled
Unraveled by Gena Showalter

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



There is a war brewing between the creatures that lurk the night and Aden is at the center of it. Unbeknownst to him, he emanates a “pull” on these creatures. A pull they can’t really fight.
Meanwhile Aden is yet to be crowned the Vampire King…and the vampires are not real thrilled with a human for king. Aden still has the 3 souls in his head and the prophecy of his death is looming as well. What’s a kid to do?

I really enjoyed the first book, “Intertwined”. I loved all the different paranormal characters and how they meshed. This book was more of the same. The first book seemed original, but this one felt more like “same stuff, different day”. I’m not sure what Ms. Showalter has in store for this series. If it is a planned trilogy, then this felt like filler.

I think you are getting that I thought this book was OK. There were a couple of good cliffhangers which make me want to read the next book in the series. I’m just hoping it was more content, and less fluff than this one did.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment