Friday, August 5, 2011

Review: Book of Revenge


Book of Revenge
Book of Revenge by Abra Ebner

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



The story continues with the narration shifting between Emily, Wes, Greg, Max and Jane…with the addition of Avery who was Max’s fiancĂ© when he found out about Jane. So you can see the “woman scorned” thing coming can’t you? Yeah, I could too.

Add to that, that Wes discover’s he has a owl who is stalking him. Emily becomes entangled with a classmate who is not as he appears. Max discovers long buried secrets about his parents. Avery befriends Jane while using an alias to exact revenge on Max. And Jane, poor whiney Jane, discovers that not only was Max previously engaged, but that if he has sex with her, he will probably kill her. Sucks to be you Jane!

I still think this series would have been much better if it had focused on Emily and Wes, rather than Max and Jane. This story was incredibly predictable and boring…well maybe not so much when the focus was on Emily and Wes. And I have to add that the ending was the stupidest and most ridiculous thing I have ever read…what the hell was that all about anyway? What possible purpose could it serve, except to maybe finally shift the story to Emily and Wes…HEY, I think I may have something. OH, I can only hope maybe I have hit on where we might be going from here. That would be the only way I would ever think about picking up a subsequent book in this series!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment