Saturday, September 17, 2011

Review: Vanish


Vanish
Vanish by Sophie Jordan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



To save Will’s life, Jacinda has done the unthinkable and revealed her true nature. And Cassian has arrived to bring them all back to the protection of the pride.
The pride is not likely to forgive Jacinda’s indiscretion and since her twin, Tamra, has finally manifested, then there is no way anyone will allow Jacinda back into the place of honor she once held.
Jacinda clings to the hope that Will will somehow remember her and find a way for them to be together. Meanwhile Cassian is there to help pick up the pieces of her broken heart.
OH MY…let me just say I belong to “Team Cassian”. Nothing against Will, but Cassian makes my blood raise a few degrees, or 20. This series just gets better!
Vanish doesn’t seem to move as fast as Firelight did, but there was no lack of stuff going on. So the pacing change didn’t bother me like I thought it might.
I am finding I really enjoy Sophie Jordan’s writing style. She knows how to make some steamy (pardon the pun) kissing scenes…they make my knees weak! Probably TMI but it’s true!
I felt for Jacinda, between the two books she went from “hero to zero”, initially through no fault of her own. But when she saw the Pride for what they truly were, I couldn’t blame her for just wanting to be free of everyone and everything. Poor lamb is in such a tough position. Staying with her “home” pride is suicide at this point, going it alone is suicide at this point, and trying to join another pride is suicide. She is truly damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t. Good job Sophie!
I can’t wait to see what happens next…I will continue to root for Cassian, I loves me some tall, dark and handsome underdogs!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment