Friday, September 30, 2011

Review: My Soul to Take


My Soul to Take
My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Poor Kaylee…she doesn’t see dead people…she sees death coming for people. How freaky would that be? Then when she sees it she has this incredible urge to scream. While out with her BFF, she see death coming for a girl and starts screaming right in front of the boy of her dreams. Thankfully Nash takes it in stride and even starts to help her piece together what is going on. But the question is…what is going on?

This was a really great beginning to what I think will be a fun series to read! Ms. Vincent created an interesting world around Banshees…and in the process threw all my preconceived notions right out the window! I loved Kaylee’s sarcasm when she initially starts talking to Nash. He has a bit of a reputation as a “love ‘em and leave ‘em” type and she is cautious about what and how much she reveals to him…which I would have been too! But Nash’s sincerity and seemingly genuine concern for Kaylee totally won me over.

I totally did not see that ending coming! What a shock that was and it set up the next installment so nicely…I’m curious has to how Kaylee and her long-absent Father are going to start rebuilding their relationship. I’m also anxious to see if Kaylee’s cousin goes through some changes as a result of the ending. Must read more!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment