Friday, September 2, 2011

Review: Lord of the Vampires


Lord of the Vampires
Lord of the Vampires by Gena Showalter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



“Lord of the Vampires” is the first in a planned quartet of books with each one being penned by a different author. I was anxious to get my hands on “Lord” because it was written by Showalter, whom I really enjoy.
Nicolai is the oldest child, and Crown Prince, of the King and Queen of Elden. When Elden was taken over by a blood sorcerer, the dying Queen used the last of her magic to send her children to the four corners of the globe in hopes of keeping them safe.
Nicolai ended up at auction and was purchased as a sex slave for one of the Princesses of Delphina. Possessing both his Father’s vampiric tendencies, and his Mother’s magical abilities, he is able to summon a physicist, Jane Parker to help him escape his bonds of slavery.
I love Gena Showalter! Swoon!!!
It’s hard to go into detail about what I loved about this book without revealing a whole lot! I loved that Nicolai! It was his duality that really got me. Strong and loving towards Jane…but violent beyond belief when she or Nicolai are threatened. I loved how he constantly reassured Jane that yes he loved her unconditionally. Jane was written as “every girl”. She spends a lot of time in her head, questioning everything, because of how self-conscious she was.
It was a fun, incredibly sexy read, like all of Showalter’s books are. I’m not familiar with the writings of the other three authors in this quartet, but I do want to find out what happened to the other 3 kids of the King and Queen…so stay tuned for those reviews.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment