Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Review: Endure


Endure
Endure by Carrie Jones

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Zara is at the center of the pending Apocalypse…and she is looking for anything that will them either stop it from happening or give them the winning edge. Meanwhile Gramma has gone rogue from grief and Nick is back from Valhalla and not happy! Regardless, the group needs to raise an army to battle Frank’s pixies and there is a giantess/Goddess named Hel that seems to be gunning for Zara. Could life get any more stressful or confusing? You’d be surprised.

This was one of the most satisfying conclusions to a series I’ve ever read. Each book was better than the last and the whole series was so enjoyable from beginning to end. Zara, regardless of her species, retained her humanity throughout and though I would have loved to punch Nick at times, he stayed true to himself also. Astley was the one who truly won me over as did Zara’s bio-Dad in “Entice”. I will say, however Ms. Jones did scare me a bit when Astley was in the cave with Nick…I was on the verge of throwing something…but I didn’t. So sad to see this series end, but so glad it ended the way it did…it was quite a ride!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment