Monday, May 7, 2012

Review: Wilde's Fire


Wilde's Fire
Wilde's Fire by Krystal Wade

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: “There is no pain in this death, only peace, knowing I am going to die with the one I love the most.”—Katriona Wilde.

Katriona Wilde has never wondered what it would feel like to have everything she’s ever known and loved ripped away, but she is about to find out. When she inadvertently leads her sister and best friend through a portal into a world she’s dreamed of for six years, she finds herself faced with more than just the frightening creatures in front of her. Kate’s forced to accept a new truth: her entire life has been a lie, and those closest to her have betrayed her. What’s worse, she has no control over her new future, and it’s full of magic and horrors from which nightmares are made. Will Kate discover and learn to control who she really is in time to save the ones she loves, or will all be lost?

My Thoughts: This was an unexpected gem I found very hard to put down. One thing that kept me glued to the page was Kate’s dreams and visions. I really wanted to know what was prompting them. Was she seeing the future? Didn’t seem like it because there were a handful of scenarios that alternated. Was she, sub-consciously, remembering something?

We were plunged into a world of Krystal Wade’s making. Let me preface this by saying I am not a hard-core fantasy fan. However, this was the kind of fantasy I enjoy. Wade’s world, is a lot like Earth, many similar animals and plants…but the creatures Harlan and company are at war with are different. This world is part of a system of worlds ruled by a group of Gods. There is always on God that has to spoil it for all the others and it’s inhabitants…LOL!

Wade’s major plot is this war that Kate is the key to…however there are lots of sub-plots really driving the story along. The characters are complex and very likeable, and the villains are particularly heinous. Then there is that major cliffhanger at the end. I did enjoy “Wildes Fire” and will be anxious to read what happens next.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment