Sunday, May 6, 2012

Review: Until I Die


Until I Die
Until I Die by Amy Plum

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

My Thoughts: “Until I Die” did not move near as fast for me as “Die for Me” did. Often we learn the all the background in the first book…but “Until I Die” had just as much if not more than the first book. While there was some romance between Vince and Kate, finding a way for them to be together for the long haul was more of the focus.

With additional aspects of the Revenant histories and prophecies being revealed, we learn that what we thought would be the big trilogy-long conflict at the end of the first book, has changed. It’s still a battle with the Numa but the why, who, how, and what have all changed. I’m also getting the distinct impression that Jules is in love with Kate, or thinks he is, and that will figure prominently into the third book.

While I do love the revenants…this installment wasn’t up to the same level, for me, as “Die for Me” was. However with the cliffhangers Amy Plum left us with…I can’t wait to see the resolution of the series in the next book.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment