Friday, May 25, 2012

Review: My Boyfriend Merlin


My Boyfriend Merlin
My Boyfriend Merlin by Priya Ardis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: In this modern Arthurian, 17-year-old nice girl Arriane, aka Ryan, DuLac just found out her badass biker boyfriend, Matt, is a little older than he was letting on. By a few eons.

In fact, he is really Merlin--the Merlin, King Arthur's Merlin, the greatest wizard who ever lived. But Ryan's not impressed. Tired of being a relationship loser, she'd rather kick his legendary behind.

Sure, the world has been crazy ever since the sword and the stone fell out of the sky like a meteor. But despite gruesome gargoyles, a new world of magic, and the guy driving her crazy, Ryan knows that family is everything. Will Merlin sacrifice hers to save the world? Will she be able to stop him?

My Thoughts: Oh how I enjoyed this story. It was a fun, funny, adventure.

Who would have thought Merlin and his Brother, Vivane, Vane for short, would get into a fight in a cave and end up entombing themselves in it for eons?? Well they did. Merlin, who goes by Matt, now, and Vane really remind me of the Salvatore brothers from Vampire Diaries.

Poor Ryan has had a crappy year. Her Mom has died and she’s in the process of being adopted by her Mom’s best friend. Had to move from Texas to Massachusetts. The guy she liked broke up with her after 2 dates. Life is sucking, big time. But, she is one of those people who puts others first. She’s smart and kind and she sticks up for the underdog. She’s a born leader!

The story created an ending for the old Camelot and is ushering in a new Camelot. Magic and Gargoyles abound! Of course, Excalibur is at the heart of it all and he, or she, who wields it, is going to have to be up for the fight of their life…literally.

The second installment of this story is out, but apparently only available to Nook readers. I can’t wait to get my hands on it!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment