Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Review: From What I Remember...


From What I Remember...
From What I Remember... by Stacy Kramer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Goodreads Synopsis: KYLIE: Tijuana WHAT? I should be putting the finishing touches on my valedictorian speech. Graduation is TODAY, and is this a wedding band on my finger.

MAX: It all started with Kylie's laptop and a truck full of stolen electronics Okay, it was kind of hot, the way she broke us out like some chick in an action movie. But now we're stranded in TIjuana. WIth less than twenty-four hours before graduation. Awesome.

WILL: Saving Kylie Flores from herself is kind of a full-time occupation. Luckily, I, Will Bixby, was born for the job. And when I found out she was stuck in Mexico with dreamy Max Langston, sure, I agreed to bring thier passports across the border--but there's no reason to rush back home right away. This party is just getting started.

LILY: I just walked in on my boyfriend, Max Langston, canoodling with Kylie Flores, freak of the century. Still, I can't completely hold it against him. He NEEDS me. It's even clearer now. And I'm not giving him up without a fight.

My Thoughts: What a gem of a book!!! I absolutely loved it!

That prologue hooks you completely and makes you want to know who Kylie and Max are, where they are, and why are they married. Well it starts innocuously enough, but then the story takes you on a joyride through adventure after adventure after adventure.

During the ride we learn Kylie and Max are not who they seem. She is stronger than she appears and his strength is mostly a show he puts on because it’s what others expect. They have great dialogue and are just a perfect compliment for each other.

The writing is funny, witty, serious, thoughtful, it’s just everything and then some. The authors poke fun and really don’t take themselves too seriously which makes the story all the more enticing.

This was a fast read, done in one sitting because I had to know the lead-up to the wedding rings, the aftermath and if Kylie was ever going to deliver her Valedictorian address. She does and while it’s not the speech she wrote, her off-the-cuff remarks are something you can see an 18 year old saying, rather than an adult writing for an 18 year old. This is one of the things I so enjoyed about this book...Kylie and Max were authentic.

Kramer and Thomas are on my watch list now. Can’t wait to see what they do in the future.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment