Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Review: Accidentally in Love with...A God?


Accidentally in Love with...A God?
Accidentally in Love with...A God? by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: Twenty-two-year-old Emma Keane has a secret friend. He’s powerful, mysterious, and devastatingly handsome. In her dreams, anyway.

In real life, he’s an enigma. Maybe just a teensie jealous. Definitely overbearing. He’s also a voice only she can hear.

So who or what is he? He won’t say. But if she wants to be free, to be normal, Emma will have to trek to the jungles once ruled by the Mayans and find the forgotten ruin holding the answers.

However, the ruthless deity she’s about to unknowingly unleash on the modern world might not be so easily extracted from her life. Bottom line, he’s got enemies, and now, so does she

My Thoughts: This was a fun, romantic read. I couldn’t imagine what it would be like to grow up with some guys voice in my head, having conversations with me.

Emma is very unsure of herself. She’s spent her life listening to this guy and isn’t really sure if it is actually happening or if she is crazy. Once she understands who he is and how he communicates she wants to help him free the others like him that also trapped. Meanwhile Guy just wants to keep her safe from the priests who entrapped him. And, let’s face it, Guy is a little to macho for his own good.

Pamfiloff created a fun and unique story that I whipped through in about one sitting. The verbal sparring between the two main characters was so much fun to read and laugh through. The story moved very quickly and she shared only what was necessary to enjoy the story…we weren’t bogged down in history lessons. I enjoyed this one so much I had to immediately purchase her other “Accidentally Yours” title. Much to my dismay, one of the minor characters from this book informed readers at the beginning of the next one that we wouldn’t see the resolution to the cliffhanger for some time yet…while disappointing, it didn’t stop me from reading.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment