Monday, October 3, 2011

Review: Crave


Crave
Crave by Melinda Metz

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Shay has been sick her whole life. In fact she is pretty much known as “The Sick Girl” at school…not Shay, but “The Sick Girl”. She has some undiagnosed blood disorder. Shay’s Mom even married the doctor who has made it his life’s ambition to cure Shay. Her step-dad has added something to her blood transfusions that gives her visions, and almost makes her feel “normal”. But it wears off. Little does Shay know that that the blood she is getting is from a non-human source.

I read “Crave” because I’d gotten a galley of the second book in the series. I thought the authors did a great job of describing what Shay had gone through as “The Sick Girl”…and then her rebellious streak when she started to feel better. I was kind of surprised that Shay’s Mom couldn’t see and relate the rebelliousness as Shay feeling better. But then if she had, the story wouldn’t have been able to progress. I was amazed at the callous nature of the Doctor/Step-Dad. Boy, talk about a wolf in sheep’s clothing!

The story was easy and quick to read, even if predictable at times. I thought the authors did a great job of creating Shay’s illness and all it entailed. And thought it brilliant to have Gabriel’s story roll out through the visions. Very enjoyable read!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment