What is B-ADD, you ask? Well, my co-contributor on this blog, Kristy Zee made the original discovery of this affliction and coined the term, "Book ADD", as in Book Attention Deficit Disorder. It's general symptom is an overwhelming inability to "get into" a book, thus prompting the afflicted to pick up another book in the hopes of "getting into" that book. When you have started and stopped more than 3 books in the same week, you are said to have Book ADD, or B-ADD.
I have B-ADD, bad, this week. I have picked up and put down the following books since Monday...
- The Fallen by Thomas Sniegowski
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates
- Prized by Caragh O'Brien
- Graveminder by Melissa Marr
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
- The Line by Teri Hall
- Exile by Rebecca Lim
- Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
- Raven by Alison Van Diepen
- Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon
I think I've finally settled on Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles. I say "I think" only because I'm 10 chapters in and still am not sure if I am going to put it down and try something else.
I've never had B-ADD this bad before. I hope it's only temporary!