Friday, October 7, 2011

Review: Carrier of the Mark


Carrier of the Mark
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Megan Rosenberg has moved to Ireland from the US. She immediately clicks with a group and becomes friends. She is intensely attracted to one Adam DeRis, but Adam seems to be avoiding her. She starts to notice strange things when around Adam or his sister Aine. Adam quits fighting the attraction and pulls Megan into his world and family...and the explanation for the strange occurrences. Now that she is involved, does she want to be? Only time will tell.

I have to say I was so anxious to read this! I love anything having to do with Ireland and especially interested in the druid and pagan mythologies. I had really high hopes for this book! Sadly I walked away thinking , “it was OK”.

My frustration involved the pacing. It took 130 pages to get to the meaning of “Carrier of the Mark” which was the crux of the story. Everything up until this point was Megan adjusting to life in Ireland and witnessing slightly strange occurrences. The next big portion of the story was the explanation…which I found confusing, maybe because it was info overload. After this info dump, Megan didn’t research further, just accepted and moved on like any other day. Then when she finds out she can’t be with Adam she just seems to accept it…no fighting, no raging, not much emotion at all. Adam was the only one who showed any emotion. Add to that the whole climax was totally anti-climactic!

Sadly, I wasn’t emotionally invested in this book at all…and I really wanted to be! I’m assuming that there will be another book and I’m hoping that it will be very different!!! I will just have to wait and see I guess.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment