Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Review: On a Dark Wing


On a Dark Wing
On a Dark Wing by Jordan Dane

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Abbey lost her mother in a horrific car accident that almost took Abbey’s life as well. Abbey blames herself for the crash because she didn’t feel like taking the school bus home that day. It’s that time of year when Dad wants to spend time at the cabin remembering Mom. While there, Abbey runs into her major crush, Nate Holden, which is weird because Nate was supposed to be climbing Mt. McKinley that week. Abbey and Nate become close, very close, but then Nate starts acting strange and things aren’t adding up. Who is this guy?

I have to say this book was very slow going for the first 100 pages or so. Once the action started though, I stuck around to see how everything was going to resolve. I wasn’t a big fan of Abbey and her constant negativity. I was glad that she was able to see past her best friend’s wheelchair when so many of his pre-chair friends couldn’t. Tanner, the paralyzed best friend, was Abbey’s only friend…and they are both outsiders subjected to abject humiliation and cyber bullying. I’m sorry the author didn’t spend more time on the cyber-bullying aspect.

Overall it was an OK read for me. Nothing in particular really stood out and outside of finding out what happened to Nate I didn’t really care about the characters or what happened to them.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment