Monday, July 18, 2011

Review: Wanderlust




My rating: 3 of 5 stars

“Wanderlust” picks up right where “Breathless” stops. In fact it overlaps a few pages. We pick up with Addie, Lia, and Eli at the airport heading for Europe. A trip Lia and Addie planned prior to Lia meeting and falling in love with Chaysen. However the trip comes at a prime time when Lia needs some time away to decide if she wants to pursue a relationship with Chaysen and all that comes with him…or settle for a “normal” existence. Chaysen has enlisted Eli to go with the girls and protect them should Alexei still be stalking Lia.

I picked up “Wanderlust” thinking it was a different series. Once again it was an OK read….fast. Lots of traipsing across Europe and running into people from Chaysen’s past which made for lots of discomfort for Lia…especially running into a past love.

It still really reminded me of the “Twilight” series. I can’t think of anything new or interesting to say in this review that hasn’t already been said about Bella and Edward. Lia is as self-centered and whiny as most 17 year old protagonists. Chaysen is magnanimous and humors her childishness due to the maturity and experience that comes with living for centuries, yada, yada, yada.

I think more than anything I enjoyed it for the twist ending. I will be picking up the next book in the series to see what happens.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment