Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Review: Betrayal



My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Evie returns to Wyldcliffe following winter break, anxious to reconnect with Sarah and Helen. She’s surrounded by teachers that are “Dark Sisters” and she’s worried that if she doesn’t figure out how to release the powers from her talisman using the Mystic Way she will lose Sebastian forever to the dark side.

I’m sorry but I was totally “meh” over this book. I couldn’t get it over with fast enough. Evie continually whined about possibly losing Sebastian. She was absolutely SURE she figured out how to release the powers about a half dozen times and was wrong…it was kind of like watching “House”. You know he is going to make 3 possibly deadly mis-diagnoses before he finally hits on the right one and saves the day. Add to that the perfectly normal human guy who is falling for her that she is oblivious to…but that her BFF Sarah has been longing for forever.

Meanwhile Sebastian is holed up somewhere, fading, writing to Evie hoping, in one breath, that she hasn’t forgotten about him, then in the next breath wishing she would forget about him and find someone and live a normal life. UGH way too much angst for me.

Personally, I am done with this series.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment