Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: The Fallen


The Fallen (Nine Lives of Chloe King #1)The Fallen by Celia Thomson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Chloe King is turning 16 and wants to spend the day with her two best friends at the tallest building in San Francisco, rather than in school. But when Chloe falls from the building and lives to tell about it, well, things get really strange. Suddenly Chloe can run faster, senses are heightened, and inhibitions are let down, and strangers are trying to kill her.

The new ABC Family series is what prompted me to download a sample for my kindle. After reading it my curiosity was piqued so I downloaded all three books.

The lead up to Chloe’s fall read fast, but the time following the fall moved very slowly. We never really do find out who or what Chloe is. We know there is some group after her that wants her dead and that there is someone else out in her town who is like her in terms of the changes she went through post-fall…but I have to say that I was I was let down because we didn’t really find out all the answers. I’m assuming they are in the next book, “Stolen”… It reminded me of when the Soap Operas would leave some huge cliffhanger on Fridays and then didn’t really get around to resolving it until Wednesday or Thursday of the following week…and sometimes, it became another cliffhanger that Friday…I hated that!

I think that is why I didn’t immediately dive into “Stolen” after finishing “Fallen”. I probably won’t check out the TV Show either…”Hollywood License” and the changes they make to the story will probably irritate me, not to mention the possible cliffhangers…LOL!

Overall, the story was OK…I will read the other 2 books to see where the story goes, but they aren’t at the top of my “to read” list. I will get around to them eventually.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment