Thursday, July 14, 2011

Review: Hourglass



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Emerson sees dead people. It all started a couple of months before both her parents passed away. Between the loss of her parents and the whole being haunted he lost it and spent some time committed.

It’s the eve of Emerson’s senior year in high school and she’s back living with her brother and sister-in-law in Tennessee. In an effort to help Emerson, her brother has hired yet another person to “help” her get over her affliction. Enter Michael, gorgeous Roman God-like, Michael.

It turns out that Emerson isn’t seeing dead people so much as scenes from the past…and Michael can see them too. Michael works for Hourglass and they research abilities like Emerson’s…and Emerson may be the key to solving a puzzle.

I read some reviews after I finished “Hourglass” and readers either loved it or hated it. Most complaints centered around how Emerson obsessed over Michaels looks…and she did…but it didn’t bother me enough to really notice it. Emerson is a 17 year old girl, and I recall being pretty boy crazy at that time too. Emerson is strong and a bit hardened, with a brown belt, and could take care of herself, but yet could still be vulnerable, if only with Michael. I also loved Michael’s best friend, Kaleb. He struck me as the stereotypical young adult male, fearless and invincible, with a heart that would do anything for his friends/family…and he was sarcastic and witty to boot. LOVED HIM!

I enjoyed McEntire’s writing very much. She had me crying, laughing, and genuinely caring what happened to these characters. I’m looking forward to the next volume and am hoping for a whole lot more Kaleb!!! Yep, might have to make my own “Team Kaleb” t-shirt. LOL





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment