Monday, January 9, 2012

Review: Under the Never Sky


Under the Never Sky
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Aria lives in a pod…think bio-dome. After an altercation with the leader’s son, Aria is basically kicked out of the community to most likely die on the “Outside”. After the guards kick Aria out, they go on to kidnap Outsiders, including Perry’s nephew, Talon. Perry is on a quest to get Talon when he finds Aria and reluctantly they work together…so Aria can survive and Perry can hopefully rescue Talon.

OK…So I tried to read this book a couple of times and just couldn’t get into it. BUT, I saw so many positive reviews I decided to go ahead and give it another try. I pushed through it hoping I would enjoy it more, but really didn't.

As much as I wanted to like this book, I found it “meh”. I liked and cared more for the secondary characters like Talon, Roar, and Marron, more than Perry or Aria. I thought Aria’s storyline was very awkward. The dystopian part of the story was completely clashing with the primitive side of the story…like trying to mash together an apple and an orange to come up with a third, “new” fruit. And for as disparate the lives Aria and Perry lived prior to meeting, I was surprised they spoke the same language. I guess the story was too full of contradictions for me. Especially the discovery of what Vale did to Talon! That was the point where I would have thrown my book against the wall but I was reading on my kindle fire and that just wasn’t going to happen. One thing I did appreciate was how Aria’s other half came to life once she got on the outside.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment