Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Review: Hallowed


Hallowed
Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I believe I liked Hallowed even better than Unearthly! Lots of revelations! It was…WOW! Absolutely can not wait to see what happens next.

Clara continues to struggle with her purpose and it’s meaning…meanwhile her feeling for Christian deepen in meaning and complexity as do her feelings for Tucker. Clara is now continually dreaming of a very weird scene…Christian is at her side. They are sad. Slowly the scene reveals itself. Clara thinks it’s a funeral. But whose? And why is black wing there? Does it have to do with not fulfilling her purpose? Only time will tell.

What a pleasant surprise Hallowed was! The author totally avoided the “sophomore slump”, making Hallowed more riveting and different than Unearthly. So much was revealed in terms of Christian, Clara’s Mom and even her Dad! Clara grows so much with all that is revealed.

So many elements of the story were beautifully depicted, and there were some heartbreaking moments as well. I did the “ugly” cry in a couple of places! Hallowed really does run the gamut of emotions. One of those books that I truly hated to see end. I suspect that the next book will be equally beautifully written and I will be devastated to see this WONDERFUL series come to an end. But the beauty of having the books is the ability to return to Jackson Hole and see everyone anytime I want and this is one I will revisit often!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment