Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Review: Wallbanger


Wallbanger
Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight

My Thoughts: OH MY WORD!! I giggled through the beginning of this book. Actually truth be told, I giggled through the whole book for a number of reasons...but beginning was hysterical. I started this book at 7pm last night and didn't put it down until I finished at 1:30am...Thank you Ms Clayton for the set of Samsonite luggage that has taken up residence under my eyes! As usual, I've digressed!

So laying in bed last night, I would erupt into fits of giggles, which my poor sleeping husband probably didn't appreciate! Oh Well, his snores never stopped for very long!

I could not put this book down! I love snark and wit...and Clayton has it in spades! You can't help but fall in love with both Caroline and Simon...but the scene stealer is Clive, Caroline's cat! And I absolutely adored Clive's last words. *sigh*...I really didn't want this story to end.

So thank you to Ms. Clayton for a thoroughly delightful night! And thank you to Jennifer Armentrout, a favorite author of mine here on GoodReads, because it was the fact that she was reading Wallbanger that brought it to my attention. I look forward to enjoying Wallbanger again in the not too distant future!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment