Monday, December 17, 2012

Review: The Madness Underneath


The Madness Underneath
The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: When madness stalks the streets of London, no one is safe…

There’s a creepy new terror haunting modern-day London. Fresh from defeating a Jack the Ripper killer, Rory must put her new-found hunting skills to the test before all hell breaks loose…

But enemies are not always who you expect them to be and crazy times call for crazy solutions.

My Thoughts: This picks up shortly after the end of The Name of the Star. This one also starts off with a murder, a strange murder...but Rory is a long ways from London and no longer has any contact with any of her friends from school. Rory has signed a Secrets Act and can be tried for treason if she even thinks about contacting Stephen, Callum or Boo! Suddenly Rory's therapist suggests that Rory would be better off returning to school for the remainder of the term to face her ghosts.

This was a great continuation of Shades of London. Rory has to learn to deal with the fact that she is a terminus. Ghosts/Poltergeists seem to be wrecking havoc in London, again, and there is somneone or something else that suddenly seems to have their sights on Rory.

This book took a lot of unexpected turns! Some had me shaking my head and others had me in tears. And with that cliffhanger, I can't wait to see what happens next! If you enjoyed the first book as much as I did, I don't think you will be disappointed in Madness Underneath



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment