Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review: River Marked


River Marked
River Marked by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis:Being a different breed of shapeshifter-a walker-Mercy Thompson can see ghosts, but the spirit of her long-gone father has never visited her. Until now, on her honeymoon with the Alpha werewolf Adam. An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River-and innocent people are dying. As other walkers make their presence known to Mercy, she must reconnect with her heritage to exorcise the world of the legend known as the river devil.

My Thoughts:These Mercy Thompson stories really appeal to the “arm-chair cultural anthropologist” in me. River Marked incorporated some Native American mythology that really drove the story. Plus we learned more about Mercy’s father. All this while Mercy and Adam were on their honeymoon. Yeah, trouble follows her even on her honeymoon. I know there is a new Mercy Thompson book coming out in March 2013 and I can’t wait to see where Mercy takes me next!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment