Monday, September 24, 2012

Review: Reflected in You


Reflected in You
Reflected in You by Sylvia Day

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.


My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession.

My Thoughts: I liked "Reflected in You", but didn't LOVE it. I got very frustrated with Gideon and his inability to share ANYTHING with Eva. He’d promise to fill her in, yet didn’t. Although he finally did breakdown and share what happened to him when he was younger.

I got frustrated with Eva turning her feelings for Gideon on and off like a light switch. But I did love it when she decided to turn the tables on him, hiring one of her Dad’s bodyguards to keep Gideon “safe” was genius and freakin hysterical. It was when Eve finally grew a pair and decided to quit waiting for Gideon to share and she started looking into things, herself, that I thought I could start liking her again.

I'm really hoping now that they have shared their pasts, that they will be able to help each other heal and move on to a more mutually beneficial, more adult/mature relationship because some of the very immature dynamics of their relationship are getting a bit tedious.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment