Monday, September 10, 2012

Review: Moon Called


Moon Called
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: Mercy Thompson's life is not exactly normal. Her next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a VW bus for a vampire. But then, Mercy isn't exactly normal herself.

My Thoughts: I know, I know…I’m really late to the Mercy Party! So many people I know have read and really enjoyed this series of books…now I am officially among them!

I love Mercy! She is a total dichotomy and she knows it and it happy with it! LOL! She’s smart, has a teaching degree in history. She’s adaptable, couldn’t get a job as a teacher so found a job that utilized all those teenage hours spent under the hood of a car. She is snarky and sarcastic! She grew up in a pack of werewolves and being a shapshifter, rather than a were, she is rare and completely self-sufficient…now that’s not to say that she never makes a bad decision…but she thinks through her options and takes the lesser of the evils which in retrospect, sometimes, wasn’t as good a choice as she thought it was.

We learn a lot about the were’s of Mercy’s world…their dynamics, laws, governing structure, etc. Even though Mercy is under “the protection” of the pack where she lives…she saves the pack’s Alpha from a fate worse than death with her quick thinking.

I thought the pacing of the story was great as well as the world building. We meet Mercy’s possible love interests, yes, plural, though romance is not high on the priority list of this book. I just really enjoyed getting to know the really diverse group of characters that make up the Tri-Cities area. Can’t wait to dive into the next installment.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment