Monday, September 24, 2012

Review: Between


Between
Between by Cyndi Tefft

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.

My Thoughts: This was just an incredibly sweet story! I laughed and cried. I devoured this book in one sitting.

There is a case of that “Insta-Love” in this book, that so many people are not fond of. I understand it, but having experienced a bit of my own “love at first sight” and am still married to him 20 years later, it doesn’t bother me. In this case the “Insta-Love” works out well as an obstacle in the follow-up book to “Believe”, “Hell Transporter”.

I loved Aiden MacRae and his kilt wearing self! He is exactly what any father would want for his daughter. Part of that comes from the fact that he lived 300 years in the past. But he does love Lindsay wholeheartedly and it’s obvious.

Lindsay is sweet and extremely likeable. I did get frustrated that she was able to tell the hospital priest everything that happened, but that she couldn’t tell her own father. I appreciated her frustration and her questioning of God and His decisions. I am sure I would have done much the same in her place.

I’m not big on being preached to, and while this book has a decidedly religious bend to it, I didn’t feel like the victim of a 100+ page sermon. Tefft got her message across in a very subtle way and in a story that left you wanting more.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment