Monday, September 24, 2012

Review: Fire After Dark


Fire After Dark
Fire After Dark by Sadie Matthews

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: It started with a spark... Everything changed when I met Dominic. My heart had just been broken, split into jagged fragments that can jigsaw together to make me look enough like a normal, happy person. Dominic has shown me a kind of abandonment I've never known before. He takes me down a path of pure pleasure, but of pain, too - his love offers me both lightness and dark. And where he leads me, I have no choice but to follow. Deeply intense and romantic, provocative and sensual, FIRE AFTER DARK will take you to a place where love and sex are liberated from their limits.

**TITLE INTENDED FOR AN ADULT AUDIENCE**

My Thoughts: UGH! Where to start…A Dom named Dominic…Really??? I should have seen that as a sign. **BEWARE – WHOLE NOVEL SPOILED AHEAD**

The story is really contrived and tries way too hard. Plain, boring, Tessa has only ever had one boyfriend, even plainer Adam. She caught him inflagrante delecto with her friend. Now she is flat sitting for an aunt in the big city, London.

She spies the handsome dude across the courtyard and she spies on him from her darkened sitting room. They meet, Insta-Love, he pushes her away because he is into BDSM and it will never work. She does all sorts of things to get him back, including enlisting her gay boss, and convinces Dom she can be his sub, only he loses control. They break up, she decides she wants him back, he’s decided to travel for work so he can figure out what went wrong cuz only then can they get back together.

Of course the ending is left wide open for a sequel…No thanks. I don’t mind cheesey when the book isn’t taking itself to seriously…This was not the case. BLECH!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment