Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: Eden


Eden
Eden by Jamie McGuire

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: She had seen the unspeakable.
She would learn the unknowable.
Now, she would fight the invincible.

In the third and final installment of the Providence series, Nina Grey will marry the wrong man, carry the child that was never supposed to be born, and fight a war she can't win.

Faced with the impossible task of protecting his new wife and unborn child against the throes of Hell, Jared Ryel is allowed no mistakes. Pressured to return the Naissance de Demoniac to Jerusalem, he revisits St. Ann's to learn the answers were in front of him all along.

Together, they must survive long enough to let their child save them - and the world

My Thoughts: Picking up right where Requiem left off…Nina and Jared and planning their wedding.

Because there was such a long gap between Requiem and Eden…I couldn’t remember who was who or anything leading up to Eden. I found it necessary to go back and reread the last quarter of Requiem to refresh my memory. GoodReads says Requiem was published in 2011 but it sure felt longer ago than that.

Anyway…I just love Jamie McGuire’s writing! I still need to read Beautiful Disaster, but that’s another story…literally. McGuire brought this series to a beautiful and fitting end. Everything had been building to an earth shattering conclusion and the tension just keeps building and building trying to get to the Jerusalem…this would have made for an epic Summer Blockbuster in the movie theater! But such a let-down once they arrive…all this hurry-up and wait was killing me. Several times I would have thrown the book, had it not been my kindle.

But Nina didn’t let me down. I’d noted in a previous “review” that Nina just couldn’t “see the forest for the trees” and once again, she made a monumentally stupid choice which no one could talk her out of…her one main flaw. Seriously, this flaw should have killed her so many times in the past! OY! I get that she had to do it otherwise what Eli told Jared would not have come to fruition…but couldn’t it have happened in a way that didn’t make Nina look like such a bonehead??? Can you tell I really like Nina except for when she has to make a decision! That would be my only gripe about the series.

It’s hard to say goodbye to characters we enjoy and I did enjoy Nina and Jared. I am certain I will be revisiting them again in the future!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment