Monday, June 18, 2012

Review: Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone


Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone
Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: Becca has always longed to break free from her small, backwater hometown. But the discovery of an unidentified dead girl on the side of a dirt road sends the town--and Becca--into a tailspin. Unable to make sense of the violence of the outside world creeping into her backyard, Becca finds herself retreating inward, paralyzed from moving forward for the first time in her life.

Short chapters detailing the last days of Amelia Anne Richardson's life are intercut with Becca's own summer as the parallel stories of two young women struggling with self-identity and relationships on the edge twist the reader closer and closer to the truth about Amelia's death.

My Thoughts: I loved the author’s voice and writing style…but not so much the story. While the premise was interesting…the story was a bit gruesome for me. Unpleasant images stuck with me long after I finished the book.

I also did not care for Becca or James…I felt no kinship or ever really cared what happened to them. The part of the story that appealed to me the most and wanted to read more of was the story of Amelia Ann, and it was the drive to read her story that kept me reading.

Sorry, just not my kind of book…and according to GoodReads, I appear to be in the minority.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment