Sunday, October 7, 2012

Review: Moonlight


Moonlight
Moonlight by Tim O'Rourke

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



4.5 Stars!
GoodReads Synopsis: When eighteen-year-old Winter McCall is offered a chance to leave her life of poverty behind on the streets of London, she moves to a remote part of the South West of England. Here she takes up the job as housekeeper to the young and handsome, yet mysterious, Thaddeus Blake.

Warned that he has some curious habits, Winter soon realises that not all is as it firsts appears at the remote mansion where she now lives and works.

Blind to the real danger that she is in, Winter finds herself becoming attracted to Thaddeus, and with nowhere and no one to run to, she slowly succumbs to his strange requests. But none of them are as strange as asking Winter to stand each night in the moonlight.

My Thoughts: OK, couldn’t put this one down, but had to to make dinner, etc. The story was not what you thought it was going to be.

Moonlight grabs you and doesn’t let go until it’s done. Pacing is quick and the author isn’t one to go on and on describing something (YAY!). There is a lot of meat to this story, pardon the pun. Moonlight starts with a murder and it isn’t until much later that you learn who the murder is, all the while wondering if our pal Thaddeus is the guy!! Lots of other sly plot points kept me guessing what was really going on until the author wanted us to know what was going on. Props to Tim O’Rourke for NOT being predictable.

Now that I have devoured the first book in this new series I am anxious for the next. I have my thoughts on where the storyline may take me, but won’t put much faith in my ideas since O’Rourke has made it clear he will keep me guessing until he is ready for me to know what is going on! In the meantime, I am definitely going to check out some of O’Rourke’s many other works. Love finding new authors!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment