Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review: Guardian


Guardian
Guardian by Heather Burch

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



3.5 stars

GoodReads Synopsis: Vigilance. The mission to safeguard Nikki Youngblood depends on the fragile alliance of two half-angel, half-human guardians, both struggling with intense feelings for the girl who has been assigned to their care. Mace, steadfast and deeply in love, wants to protect Nikki at all costs, while Raven's loyalty to Nikki finds him advocating for her independence and battling his own darker inclinations. At the same time, Nikki finds it harder and harder to choose between the two heavenly beings she may never have. Dangers intensify, and tensions between Mace and Raven flare as the purpose of their mission becomes clear. Can their defenses hold up to master manipulator Damon Vessler and the powerful secret he holds regarding Nikki's heritage? Can anyone protect Nikki from her true purpose and destiny?

My Thoughts: If only you could put Mace and Raven together in one body and Nikki would have the “perfect” guy. But then we wouldn’t have the love triangle which is one of the reasons I read this series. Mace and Raven are as different as night and day and they relate to Nikki in different ways and get different results from her. Nikki feels strongly for both of them and the tug of war over her is pretty intense.

One of my complaints regarding this series is that there is a wonderful cast of secondary characters. Because they are so good, I wish they had more opportunity to be “center stage”. Will, Vine, Zero and the girls are funny and really add to the story, I just wish they added more.

Burch has created an interesting world of Angels and half-angels. She has created quite the roller coaster ride in Guardian! There is a lot that is learned in Guardian but there are lots of new questions as the story is propelled forward. I am wondering where the next book will lead? I have my suspicions, but guess I will have to wait and see.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment