Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: Gabriel's Rapture


Gabriel's Rapture
Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: Professor Gabriel Emerson has embarked on a passionate, yet clandestine affair with his former student, Julia Mitchell. Sequestered on a romantic holiday in Italy, he tutors her in the sensual delights of the body and the raptures of sex. But when they return, their happiness is threatened by conspiring students, academic politics, and a jealous ex-lover. When Gabriel is confronted by the university administration, will he succumb to Dante's fate? Or will he fight to keep Julia, his Beatrice, forever? In Gabriel's Rapture, the brilliant sequel to the wildly successful debut novel, Gabriel's Inferno, Sylvain Reynard weaves an exquisite love story that will touch the reader's mind, body, and soul, forever.

My Thoughts: Still love this series. Since finishing this book, I’ve learned that Reynard will be writing one more book with Gabriel and Julia…I’m thrilled! I wonder where he will take the story this time.

The story of Rapture was pretty much a foregone conclusion…you knew the University was going to find out about Gabriel and Julia’s affair. With that in mind, Reynard did not go the easy route and he generated a great story for Gabriel and Julia.

I think both Gabriel and Julia grow immensely through this book. They are forced to see their relationship for what it is and the impact it had on each other but also those around them…and that impact wasn’t necessarily very good. Ultimately, this is Gabriel’s quest for redemption in his professional as well as his personal life. And it is quite a quest!

I remain so very impressed by Mr. Reynard’s ability to write such great romance. His attention to detail is second to none in my book! I can’t help but wonder if Sylvain Reynard is really a Sylvia?? If not, that I will continue to picture him as the basis for Gabriel.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment