Monday, August 13, 2012

Review: Perception


Perception
Perception by Kim Harrington

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.

But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?

One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared

My Thoughts: I love this series! It’s not a traditional mystery, it’s way more fun!

In this installment we have some common threads from the previous book, Clarity, that weave through this one. I love the subplots that continue in the background, they keep me coming back for more…kind of makes me feel like I’m part of the family.

Since “Clarity” took place during the Summer, Perception starts out shortly thereafter and Clare is in school. In previous years Clare has been perceived as an “odd ball”, but after helping to solve the murder from the Summer, the “cool” kids are paying her more attention. Clare also seems to have a secret admirer/stalker. Add to this the fact that a Senior has gone missing and Clare’s got a lot on her plate.

Maybe I was a bit slow reading Perception, but I didn’t figure it out until just before Clare did…that doesn’t happen to me very often. I find this series to be so much fun. Lots of twists and turns, very likeable, flawed, HUMAN characters, some with extraordinary gifts, all of them with great personal stories. I sincerely hope Harrington can find the creativity needed to keep this series going for a long time to come.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment