Saturday, August 18, 2012

Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer


The Evolution of Mara Dyer
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past. She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She’s wrong.

My Thoughts: HOLY HANNAH! First I would like to say that I believe I loved Evolution more than Unbecoming.

Going into Evolution I knew the story was going to be about tracking down Jude, I mean after that cliffhanger, what else could the story be about. Well, I'm here to tell you, it was about so much more than simply tracking down Jude!

I don't do spoilers, so I apologize for being vague. Hodkin took Mara in directions I never would have or could have imagined. I'm still shaking my head in amazement!

My only problem was how easily Mara's family blew off her repeated attempts to tell them Jude was still alive. But if they hadn't there wouldn't have been much of a story, and considering the traumas she went through in Unbecoming, I guess maybe I wouldn't have lent much credence to her statements.

Do yourself a favor, if you read Unbecoming, read Evolution...it was quite a roller coaster ride!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment