Monday, August 13, 2012

Review: The Mephisto Kiss


The Mephisto Kiss
The Mephisto Kiss by Trinity Faegen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



4.5 Stars!


GoodReads Synopsis: The eyes never lie. No one’s eyes are darker than Eryx. Not even the Devil’s.

When Jax and Sasha first see Jordan Ellis, they know she is no ordinary teenager. She’s the daughter of the President after all, but she’s also Anabo – a descendant of Eve.

What they don’t know is that Eryx plans to kidnap Jordan and force President Ellis to pledge his soul. If Eryx’s plot succeeds, the consequences would be catastrophic.

But the Mephisto brothers do know about Jordan’s secret identity. And for one of them, she could be the match that leads to their soul’s salvation.

Now it’s a desperate race against time to save Jordan and prevent Eryx’s haunting eyes from discovering her true identity.

My Thoughts: If you can put this book down after the first chapter, I will eat my hat. Talk about something grabbing you and not letting go?!? Holy Hannah!

I really wondered what this book was going to feature. I figured the story could go one of two ways…we could 1) Continue with Jax and Sasha or 2) Read about one of the other brothers. I can’t say that I had a preference for which way it was going to go because I enjoyed the first book, Mephisto Covenant, so much.

I’m here to tell you, it was option 2. This story centered around brother #2, Key, and it was quite a story! In learning about Key, we also learned a lot more about Eryx than we ever knew from Mephisto Covenant…and it was typical sibling stuff all of us with sibs have to deal with, just no escaping it I guess.

I dare say I enjoyed this book even more than Mephisto Covenant. Key was a total dichotomy…the person he projected was completely different than what was inside and a lot of it came from taking on the mantle of “oldest” once Eryx fell. Jordan was just what he needed and they complimented each other beautifully. Jordan was incredibly strong on the outside and made all her decisions based on the whole rather than herself. AND, Jordan and Key did not have a case of “insta-love”, which seems to be the case in the vast majority of YA books. The ending of this one was something completely unexpected as well! Hadn’t seen that one coming in a million years!

Now the question is where will the next book go? Will it follow Phoenix? Or, will it follow another brother allowing the Phoenix sub-plot a chance to grow a bit? Hmmm…can’t wait to read the next installment!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment