Monday, April 2, 2012

Review: Lover Reborn


Lover Reborn
Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



GoodReads Synopsis: In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. The city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Now back in the Brotherhood - and unrecognisable as the vampire leader he once was - Tohrment is physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair. When he begins to see his beloved in his dreams - trapped in a cold, isolating netherworld - Tohr turns to a self-serving fallen angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. When he's told he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed . . .

Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King's throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past, and a very hot, passion-filled future . . . but can his heart let go and set all of them free?

My Thoughts: WOW! I think this one is my new favorite BDB book! And it was a gut wrencher! I cried more with this book than I can ever remember.

For those who’ve read the series from the beginning, we all remember what happened to pregnant Wellesandra…and subsequently what happened to her mate Tohrrent. We spend most of the book in Tohr’s head and it wasn’t pleasant! I can’t imagine what it would be like to be married to someone to the love of your life and lose them…but JR Ward could and just thinking about it makes my gut start to roil. An incredibly emotional roller coaster ride…one with an ending I didn’t expect and it was a doozy!

Additionally we learn more about the Band of Bastards and what their agenda is. Very little focus on the war with the Lessers, which was a plus in my book. Because this was primarily about Tohr, John Matthew and Xhex are centerstage and their relationship goes through some major ups and downs. There was really a ton going on in this book and I’ve only mentioned the Major plot points. But that’s what I love about Ward books…she’s like reading a soap opera with all the little tangents and sub-plots that suddenly become major storylines. Never quite sure which path she is going to take. Although it’s rumored that BDB#11 will be about Qhuinn and Blaylock…which I would LOVE to read! In the meantime I still have the newest Fallen Angels, “Envy”, to read to tide me over until the Brothers return.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

Ceska said...

As far as No'One is concerned, she's kind of like that girl your best guy friend just started dating: you either liked her going into it, or you were willing to tolerate her for the sake of Tohrment. Again, I felt like she could have been fleshed out a little better, but there's something compelling about her, so that you can't help but hope she comes into herself in some way significant. Is she the greatest shellan ever written? No. But do you hope she and Tohrment can make it work? Absolutely. Just like you'd hope for the happiness of anyone you found yourself invested in, as we have been with Tohrment for the last ten years.

Post a Comment