Monday, February 27, 2012

Review: Breathe


Breathe
Breathe by Abbi Glines

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



It’s the first day of Summer break for Sadie White. And just as she suspected her Mom, Jessica, has sucked her into working for her. Jessica is 7 months pregnant and uses that as an excuse not to work, but Sadie, being the actual adult in the equation, knows they need the money to keep a roof over their head…so off she goes.

Sadie arrives at the house where her Mom is working. Reluctantly Sadie is given the opportunity to prove herself…and she does, taking over for her Mom. What Sadie doesn’t know is that the house is the summer getaway of Jax Stone, 19 year old, Rock Star.

Sadie doesn’t have time for the like of Jax Stone…she’s too busy trying to raise her Mom and keep a roof over their head. Sadie’s lack of interest is what draws Jax to her. He needs to know what makes her tick. But anything that happens between them will be limited to the Summer while he is on vacation and before he has to rejoin his world tour.

OK…after reading 2 Abbi Glines books, I needed a third to get me through work on Saturday and I couldn’t put this one down either. What can I say, I am a sucker for Abbi Glines!

Loved Sadie! She is so down to earth. Her life has been hard and she is a little resentful, but does a good job of hiding it. She is not likely to accept help from anyone. I think she is afraid of relying on anyone because all her life she’s only had herself to rely on. And Sadie could have, so easily, abandoned her Mom but didn’t. I wanted to slap Jessica, but remembered it was a work of fiction and calmed myself down.

Jax was a great guy. And a total work of Fiction…Somehow I just can’t imagine a 19 year old rock star being that easy going and romantic. All the best romance writers are women…have you noticed that? Guys, for the most part, just don’t get it. And Glines, can write romance. This particular romance didn’t progress past the kiss, but man did it massage the brain…lots of sweet nothings which all women fantasize about their significant other saying to them. Yep, I’m sure I will be reading this one many more times in the future!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment