Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: The Gathering



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

16 year old Maya is adopted and has no information about her birth parents, she appears to be of Native American descent. Maya also has a strange paw-print shaped birthmark on her hip. She lives in a very small town where her Dad is the ranger for a national park.

Strange things have started happening in her very small town, owned by a medical research company…suspicious deaths, mountain lions seeming to loose their fear of humans, a new mysterious boy in town, and her best friends new found talent for feeling out people and situations.

This was a perfect set-up for a trilogy. We were just starting to really get into all the questions popping up and the book ended. ARGH!!!!! Now I have to wait for the next book to start to see any answers to questions…I love and hate when that happens!

I loved Kelley’s characters. Maya was my kind of girl…animal lover, with a gift for healing them, smart, curious, strong, loving and a touch of sarcasm. I love the exchanges she has with her folks. Maya’s best friend Daniel is her perfect “straight man”…he compliments her beautifully and Rafe is the oh so mysterious new boy who brings with him all kinds of questions and hints at knowing Maya bio-mom!! Can you say, “Suspense filled”, I knew you could!

It’s gonna be tough to wait for the next installment. But if this is anything like Kelley’s other series, it will be worth the wait!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment