Saturday, June 4, 2011

Quantum (Portal Chronicles Book 3) by Imogen Rose


Quantum (Portal Chronicles Book 3) by Imogen Rose
Publisher: Imogen Rose
Release Date: 11/16/10
Grade: D

GoodReads SynopsisA whole year has passed. It’s October again… or is it? 

As California teen, Arizona Darley, contemplates traveling back through the portal to seek out her dad, her life is plunged into a whirlwind ride through the unknown. 

But this time, she doesn't disappear through the portal. 

Has Arizona been kidnapped–again? Is Raj Sen to blame? Could Dillard have taken her? 

As Kellan, David and her parents launch a frantic search with the help of the Wanderers, it becomes apparent that things are much more complex than they seem – for all of them. While investigating her daughter's lastest disappearance, Olivia faces shocking revelations about the Wanderers and her life with Rupert. 

In the meantime, what's happening in New Jersey? Are both of Arizona's worlds about to collide? 


Review: OK...I just gotta say it...KIDNAPPED?!?!?! AGAIN?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!


OK, now that I got that out of my system! I couldn't believe we were dealing with kidnappers again. This time it wasn't human kidnappers, and where the author devoted a whole book to the first kidnapping (see: Equilibrium), this kidnapping had so many possibilities and yet was over so quickly it was almost a non-issue! The only real purpose it served was to provide the back story for Arizona's Step-Dad, Rupert...and the answer to the question posed at the very beginning of the first book, Portal: "Come and find me two years ago."


Then, to add insult to injury, we find out that there is another Arizona Stevens...In the same dimension that the original Arizona was taken out of at the age of 8.  How the heck did that happen? I was terribly frustrated by this book.  Instead of answering questions I was left with a whole lot of new ones in addition to the ones that I still had. UGH!


After I finished reading Quantum, I did discover that there is going to be a fourth installment called "Momentum".  I will read it, if only to find out answers, I just hope some or all of my questions are addressed!?!  When I do read it you will find a review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment