Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Review: Daughter of the Earth and Sky


Daughter of the Earth and Sky
Daughter of the Earth and Sky by Kaitlin Bevis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Goodreads Synopsis: Some vows can never be broken.

Persephone thought she could go back to her normal life after returning from the Underworld. She was wrong. The goddess Aphrodite is born among the waves with more charm than she can control. Zeus is stalking Persephone and her loved ones, and Thanatos is no longer content with Persephone’s silence.

He wants her soul.

Persephone can’t tell anyone about Thanatos’ betrayal, and it drives a wedge between her and Hades. Her mother is still keeping secrets, and Melissa’s jealousy of Aphrodite threatens to tear their friendship apart.
Alone, Persephone turns to a human boy for comfort. But will their relationship put him in danger? Sacrifices must be made, and Persephone must choose between her human life and her responsibilities as a goddess. If she doesn’t, she could lose them both. But will either life be worth choosing once Zeus is through with her?

My Thoughts: This one was a gut-wrencher for me! I kept churning over ideas on how Persephone could get around her promise to Thanatos and get Hades on the same page with her. I gotta give Persephone props though, on how she finally got around it! LOVED IT.

Also continue to love Ms. Bevis's take on the Mythology. Aphrodite's creation and it's effect were a breath of fresh air on a very OLD story! Actually this series, thus far, is a breath of fresh air! Persephone continues to struggle with her god-hood as well as her human aspect which is the hormonal teen years. Meanwhile she is devoted to Hades and he discounts her feelings due to the fact that she is so young. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't and let's not even get started on her Mom!

Can't wait to see how this one ends up, but know I will be sad to see it end. This is all based on my assumption that this will be a trilogy...I'm kinda hoping for more than 3 books...but I guess I will just have to wait and see.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment